The fashion Gods have shown upon us a new season of innovation and trends for the Spring / Summer edition of Puerto Rico High Fashion Week [PRHFW] ’13. From the delicate and flirty, to the dreary and Goth; the proposals of the already established and upcoming designers were as eclectic as we had expected. Here is the rundown of the top ten looks of PRHFW S/S ’13:
10. LISA THON
Sensual, sassy spring dresses, vibrant pattern shorts and button blouses. Lisa Thon’s colour blocked collection was graceful and pleasing to the eye; fresh, bright and refined for a fun spring time look.
9. EDDIE GUERREROHis sexy Spanish influence made this collection the talk of the island. Multihued tones, ‘mantillas’, lace and fringe were critical in his spring/summer proposal.
8. HUYKEHer risqué encrusted crystal gowns and luxurious fabrics were striking. Sensual, young and refined, the emerging designer left us wanting to see more of her dresses.
7. SOFÍA ARANALavender hues, beautiful flowy skirts and boyfriend jackets. The young designer was stylish, classy and sophisticated. Arana left us wanting more of this beautifully done collection.
6. HECTOR OMARStructured dresses with a bold and colorful pallet, Hector Omar's collection was graceful, edgy and completely wearable. Accessories by Ruby Davila were on point and his proposal is one not to be forgotten. The designer is on the rise; bolder than ever, his vision amazing!
5. REINALDO ÁLVAREZStructure, structure, structure. The Paris relocated designer brought the Parisian style runways to the Caribbean. His sober pallet with vintage inspired cover ups, floor length skirts and fitted waist were a delight.
4. GUSTAVO ARANGOHis striped mini dress and skirts were out of this world. The Colombian designer stepped out of the box with his colorful, chic and sophisticated collection. Straight off the runways of New York, the designer’s proposal is not for the timid.
3. JOSÉ RAÚLRacy see-through tops, satin skirts and details in gradient blues and creams were a sight for the eyes. Elegant, provocative and just plain hot; Jose Raul’s collection was a dream come true for any woman wanting to feel beautiful.
2. DAVID ANTONIOStructured menswear suits with a seductive feminine twist. Empowering, colorful and never a dull moment; David’s collection was full of beautiful A line skirts, beautiful see through dresses, amazing menswear separates and of course the classic form fitting dress he is known for.
1. THE BLONDSTheir collection was a suggestive jaw dropping, crystal encrusted and completely flirtatious. Shorts, corsets, fringe and Christian Louboutin stilettos with Swarovski details; what’s not to love?
What do you think where the best looks from PRHFW? Write us your thoughts on the comment section below!